Plymale & Gillespie CPAs, PLLC offers a personalized audit approach with an emphasis on early planning and knowing how your non-profit entity or business functions. This enables us to identify important audit components and tailor our procedures to the unique aspects of your entity. The benefit to you is a useful, cost efficient, independent audit, performed in a timely manner by experienced professionals.
Our Accounting & Audit Services
- Audits, Reviews, Compilations and Preparations of Financial Statements
- Non-Profit Audits
Services for Non-Profit Entities
Plymale & Gillespie CPAs, PLLC is a full service certified public accounting firm that serves the accounting, auditing and consulting needs of nonprofit organizations in the greater Vancouver and Seattle areas. We recognize these organizations operate in a unique and challenging environment, which allows us to focus on their needs while maintaining a commitment to quality and personal service.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
– Perform audit, review compilation and/or preparation of your financial statements.
– Design, install, and maintain an accounting system to meet your specific needs.
– Provide training for your accounting personnel.
– Complete and file your non-profit status application.
– Provide training for your management team and board on non-profit financial statement usage and effective budgeting practices.
– Prepare and file Forms 990 and 990T.
– Prepare your initial start-up documentation, including federal employee identification number (FEIN), and payroll setup with federal and state agencies.
– Consulting engagements to discuss any other matters.
– Nonprofits have many aspects that differ from for profit accounting. At Plymale & Gillespie CPAs, PLLC we work with these unique aspects daily and can pass this knowledge on to you. A few items to consider include:
Chief Financial Officer/Fiscal Advisor Services:
- Monthly accounting services and compiled/prepared financial statements
- Technical Assistance to In-House Fiscal Staff
- Budget Development
- Cash Flow Planning
- Cost Allocation Plans
- Internal Control Evaluation and Fraud Prevention
- Pre-Audit and Audit Preparation to Help Avoid Findings
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports
- Federal Form 990 and other Tax Returns
- Washington State Charity Filings
- Post-Audit Finding Resolution and Corrective Action
- Reconstruction of Accounting Records and Assistance Resolving Crises
- Assistance Towards Hiring Fiscal Staff (Screening and Interviews)
- Management and Board Advisory
- New Entity Start-up and Application for Tax-Exempt Status
- Financial Audit
- Reviewed Financial Statements
- Agreed-Upon Procedures (Special Scope) Engagements
– Request for Proposal (RFP): What your organization needs to ask for when seeking a CPA firm for your annual audit.
– Why Internal Controls are important: Nonprofits are obligated to make sure donor funds are used properly and safeguarded, good internal controls can help.
– Functional Expenses: One of the items listed on the IRS Form 990 that needs accurate record keeping to be correctly reported on the tax return.
– Noncash Contributions: All contributions should be recorded, including material items and service hours from professionals.
When you need someone that has certification and the qualifications to tend to the tax and accounting needs of your charitable /non-profit /exempt organization, give us a call at (360) 695-0068 or send us an email at MikeG@mjpcpa.net today.